Monday, September 17, 2018
Monday, May 14, 2018
Monday, April 2, 2018
I am reading the news a lot lately, and it urks me on paranoia of people for some things verses blatantly obvious health things, the details of the stories have been changed in respect to the true stories, but enjoy this satire article in the meantime.
- A couple died while vacationing at an airbnb in the USA, solution: DON'T USE AIRBNB EVER AGAIN!!!
- A sky diver was killed in a sky diving accident. solution: DON'T EVER GO SKY DIVING!!!
- A person got sick because they grew their own vegetables. Solution: DON'T GROW YOUR OWN VEGETABLES!!!
- A runner was killed jogging 2 months ago, solution: NO MORE JOGGING!!!
- A man recently died while on vacation in South America in a car accident, solution: DON'T GO ON VACATION IN SOUTH AMERICA!!!
Feel free to email me with any questions!
This article is solely opinion of the author and written for entertainment purposes only.
at 10:18 AM
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
"The views and opinions of this article are those of the writer. Consult a doctor or medical professional before beginning any fitness, diet, or weight training program."
Anyway, anyone who has read this blog knows that I am personally disgusted with the American Health Care System. I am always reading up on new and non-innovative ways the system is getting worse, bring in today's term that I just learned, and disgusted me even more. NNT.
NNT: Number Needed To Treat
Wikepedia defines this as "The number needed to treat (NNT) is an epidemiological measure used in communicating the effectiveness of a health-care intervention, typically a treatment with medication. The NNT is the average number of patients who need to be treated to prevent one additional bad outcome "
It blew my mind to see that the medications we are taking in lieu of healthy eating and lifestyle, aren't making all that much of a difference. While in the past I have said we don't solve the problem in US healthcare, we medicate the problem... Looking at NNT we don't even do that! Do some research on NNT and any medication you know of, see how many people are needed to treat to have one preventable outcome. I am going to let you google this one for yourselves, I was saddened.
So as always like a broken record, no surgery, or pill is going to prevent this. We have to be in this together to fix our broken healthcare system and to save ourselves from ourselves.
at 2:12 PM