Tuesday, March 20, 2018

What does NNT Mean For You and Your Future?


     I'm gonna start this one with what I normally end on:

"The views and opinions of this article are those of the writer. Consult a doctor or medical professional before beginning any fitness, diet, or weight training program."

      Anyway, anyone who has read this blog knows that I am personally disgusted with the American Health Care System. I am always reading up on new and non-innovative ways the system is getting worse, bring in today's term that I just learned, and disgusted me even more. NNT.

NNT: Number Needed To Treat

Wikepedia defines this as "The number needed to treat (NNT) is an epidemiological measure used in communicating the effectiveness of a health-care intervention, typically a treatment with medication. The NNT is the average number of patients who need to be treated to prevent one additional bad outcome "

     It blew my mind to see that the medications we are taking in lieu of healthy eating and lifestyle, aren't making all that much of a difference. While in the past I have said we don't solve the problem in US healthcare, we medicate the problem... Looking at NNT we don't even do that! Do some research on NNT and any medication you know of, see how many people are needed to treat to have one preventable outcome. I am going to let you google this one for yourselves, I was saddened.

    So as always like a broken record, no surgery, or pill is going to prevent this. We have to be in this together to fix our broken healthcare system and to save ourselves from ourselves.

Enjoy this blog? Need some protein? Click on the amazon link and suppor this site, I get a small commission on anything purchased thru the link, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment